Requests for information from visiting birders, whether by e-mail, telephone, or in person, have always been – and should be – free of charge. But when a guide personally accompanies and assists birders in the field, it is appropriate to charge a fee for the guide’s time:
DULUTH and VICINITY
My fee is $20/hour total (not per person), regardless of the number of persons guided: i.e., 2 persons = $10/person/hour, 4 persons = $5/ person/hour, etc. The hours involved include the time spent birding or traveling.
There is an additional charge for any personal expenses while birding or traveling: i.e., my meals, lodging (if away from Duluth overnight), or transportation (my vehicle is available @ 20¢/mile, gasoline included).
Individuals or groups can also be guided at other locations in the U. S. or Canada, where I have previously led MBWeeks or Victor Emanuel Nature Tours. These include:
• Colorado (grouse leks in April)
• Florida (including Dry Tortugas)
• Manitoba (including Churchill)
• Nebraska (Sandhill Cranes in March)
• Newfoundland & Nova Scotia
• North Dakota
• Ontario-Ohio-Michigan (Point Pelee, Magee Marsh, Kirtland’s Warblers,
• Texas (including Big Bend, South Texas, the Hill Country, and High Island /
• Washington & British Columbia
The participants share in all the trip expenses: my guiding fee of $240/day plus expenses (meals, lodging, and travel), vehicle rentals, gas, entry fees and permits, lodging, etc.
For additional information or to schedule a tour, contact:
Kim Richard Eckert
218 349 5953
~ MBW Guiding Services is covered by general liability insurance ~
M B W Guiding Services